For anyone who uses or will be using a ride-on roller in the land-based industries or construction industry.
Road Roller Plant Training Course Training includes
- Basic construction, names of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges. Use of the operator’s handbook, etc...
- Pre-use, start, running checks and close-down procedure
- Preparing the roller for site and road travel
- Travelling the roller over differing types of terrain, including undulating ground
- Manoeuvring, progressing to confined spaces in a forward and reverse direction and identification of conditions that will make the roller unstable
- How to steer the roller for compaction duties, including preparing an area prior to compaction, markings, barriers, signs and traffic management
- Characteristics of materials and how to compact them, including recognizing compacted and un compacted areas
- How to safely compact up to supported and unsupported edges, around radii and obstructions and on inclines
- Placing the roller in an out-of-service condition
- Loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter
- Trained operator achievement test