Loading Shovels - Wheeled and Tracked
This RTITB / ITSSAR accredited course provides delegates with a working knowledge of both wheeled and tracked loading shovels and is therefore ideal for those working in the construction industry. Delegates attending this course will learn to prepare and operate loading shovels, including navigating them over different terrains. They will also understand necessary safety procedures so that they can implement them in the workplace and avoid accidents. We offer options to suit both novice and experienced level delegates, and refreshers are also available.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Working knowledge: controls, gauges, construction, component names, using the operator’s handbook, instruments, systems (coolant, lubrication, fuel).
- Safety procedures: pre-use checks, close-down checks, hazard precautions.
- Preparation: loading and unloading vehicles, transporters and hoppers, site travel preparation, preparing for travel on roads.
- Operation: manoeuvring in confined areas, dealing with overhead and underground services.
- Buckets: removing, re-attaching, using 4-in-1 bucket.
- Excavation: excavating banks, stockpiles and below ground level, creating stockpiles, positioning and preparing machine for excavation.
- Terrain: travelling over various terrains, levelling, grading, spreading and backfilling.
- Theory and practical assessments.