First Aid at Work
It is a requirement of the Health & Safety law that employers provide a safe and healthy environment to work in. If your assessment of first aid needs highlights the need for qualified first aiders, then this level 3 qualification (level 6 in Scotland) will provide you with suitable, highly trained personnel.
This comprehensive three-day course covers a wide range of first aid emergencies, enabling all participants to deal with emergency situations with confidence in a prompt, safe and effective way. In addition, this course will include any protocol changes that may have arisen since their last training course.
This course will give the participants a qualification to the highest level of First Aid, meeting the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Two-Day First Aid at Work
This 2-day First Aid at Work course is designed for those who currently hold a First Aid at Work qualification and are due to expire.
Please consider the following rules for attendance:
• A First Aider can renew their FAW qualification by attending a 2-day requalification course without question, if it’s within 1 month past the expiry date
• If the First Aider has lapsed by more than 1 month, but no longer than 3 months, then the First Aider can requalify by attending a 2-day course providing ‘Special considerations’ have been applied
Special considerations are:
• A signed letter from the employer to the provider of the training stating the reasons why in their opinion, the First Aider is suitably experienced to attend a 2-day course and does not require a full 3-day FAW course
• A decision is made by the provider of the training after discussions with the employer, or the First Aider, and deciding that their previous experience is sufficient to attend a 2-day course
• If the First Aider has lapsed beyond 3 months then they must attend a full 3-day FAW course
The important thing to remember is that as soon as the certificate expires, the First Aider is no longer considered competent to act as a First Aider in the workplace which may well leave the employer with a shortfall of First Aiders. Therefore, it would be prudent to arrange their requalification before they expire.
ACTIVITY FIRST AID
Units 1 & 2
This Level 2 qualification is made up of two units including First Aid Essentials. It is specifically designed for those who are involved in any form of activity, including sports, leisure and recreation.
Not only is Basic Life Support included, but many other First Aid conditions are also covered, making the full qualification very comprehensive.
Unit 1, (or day 1) of this qualification contains and covers the learning outcomes of the level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work, so those who wish to gain the level 2 award in EFAW are able to sit day 1 of this qualification.